Saturday, September 20, 2014

The Chevron Collection

The Chevron design has always been a tad intimidating to me because of all the half square triangles placed just so-so. There a lots of “points” to match, but they make absolutely beautiful quilts and must be worth the effort which brings to mind something a former Dallas Cowboy's football coach said:

This is a mantra that plays in my head whenever I'm designing and creating a Quilt of Valor... our Veterans deserve the "extra" in ordinary for all their sacrifices they made for me, us! 
Anyhoo... oh, so many gorgeous Chevron’s are out there! Take a scroll through Pinterest and you’ll see what I mean! A few especially caught my eye!

Can you envision this one made by Mary Catharine in shades of Reds Whites & Blues?!?! What a lovely Quilt of Valor it would make!


I really like the look of Jess’s design she calls the “Woven Chevron” and her tutorial takes us step by step through the process! Okay, adding another one on my to-do list!



But then, again thanks to the awesome folks using Pinterest that shared this technique… drum roll please… I discovered how to achieve the look of a Chevron design without ~ let me repeat myself ~ without using Half Square Triangles that Dream Patch shared! Doing the happy dance over here!


This one, a novice sewist began during our first Quilt of Valor sew-in for the Lone Star of Texas Quilts of Valor, Lampasas County, gathering!!! She rocked it…

 I can hardly wait to see the finished quilt top!


Will you try a Chevron now? I know I will! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, it makes my day!

Total Pageviews