Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Couple of Cool Corners

I stumbled across mitered corners a while back. I haven’t yet tried it, but it looks easy enough for me to manage following Amy’s Creative Side’s instructions with lovely pictures!


As she suggests, I will start with a small block rather than the large quilt’s border. I can see using this method whenever I need to add an extra bit of fabric, to make orphan blocks work, or one series of blocks larger, to match the size of other blocks in a series ~ all within the same quilt top.
I’m planning an article next week that this technique may just come in handy! Math hurts my head and I do everything I possibly can to avoid math problems/issues! But, I have several more ideas and blocks to share first!
Have you seen lovely quilts like this that have sashing (white strips) and cornerstones (blue squares)?



Oh, my… would you believe
this is a Disappearing Nine Patch!

Amazing, indeed! Check out Obsessively Stitching's blog for the details! It's just like we went over the other day.... it's all in the original color placement, stitching, cutting, then arrangement! No separate sashing or cornerstones needed!

Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, it makes my day!

Total Pageviews