Friday, September 2, 2016

Save the Date!

I wanted to give everyone a heads-up! The American Patchwork & Quilting magazine’s
1 Million Pillowcase Challenge
continues!

Save the date!

September 16 – 17
for their 3rd annual Sewathon 24-hour Marathon!




After doing a search here on my blog for “pillowcase” (because I know I’ve shared how to do the roll-up method before), I also saw that I’ve shared about their challenge since the beginning! Back in 2013, their mission was listed among the Community Sewing organizations I suggested!

The basic pillowcase is sew easy to stitch up! If you want to create some fun and really creative pillowcases, click here for free patterns and ideas!

The thing about this mission, you donate the pillowcases to the charity or cause of your choice! For which charity/cause will you donate the pillowcases? My heart is leaning toward the flood victims in south Louisiana. Bless their hearts. Such tragedy.

As of this writing, APQ’s website reports they have almost 690,000 pillowcases toward their 1 Million Pillowcase Challenge! How fabulous is this?!!?! With our help, this just may be the year they hit the 1 Million mark!

Stay up-to-date with all the going on’s by liking their Facebook page!



And, don’t forget to log your numbers on their site! (Click here to learn how to update the pillowcase counter.) Let’s help them reach their goal this year! Will you gather a group together? Will you make some on your own?

Check out the stories, and see the various small/large groups that have contributed to this mission! Be sure to add your own story!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, it makes my day!

Total Pageviews