Thursday, September 1, 2016

Sew for the experience of it!

Yes! It’s that time of year again! This year’s focus is going to be a fun one: 

“Sew for the experience of it!”

I love the Sewing & Craft Alliance, in partnership with the American Sewing Guild, selected this theme! For more information about the origin of National Sewing Month, and its past celebrations, check out their website, National Sewing Month!

I haven’t a clue why, but when I saw their theme, my favorite childhood storybook came to mind. I guess because when Momma read it to me (over and over – at my request – until I could read it myself), it would fill me with all kinds of hope with all the possibilities of doing anything I wanted to do, if I worked hard at it!

At one time or another, I hope you’ve had the pleasure of reading the children’s book, The Little Engine That Could, by Watty Piper. It is a treasure!


Anyway, this month I will focus on sharing challenges for us to experience, to get us outside our comfort zone. I’m always looking for new techniques, methods, and projects to do that are different from my usual course of everyday sewing!

Like doing appliqué….
Like paper piecing…
Like working with mixed media…
Like… ???


I hope you will explore with me, the wonderful world of sewing – just for the experience of it!

...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, it makes my day!

Total Pageviews