Friday, September 28, 2012

Noise vs Silence


What “noise” surrounds you while sewing at the machine? Are you listening to music or a book on tape/disk? Do you have a television set going? Do you prefer sewing with background noise, or in total silence except for the hum of your machine? What floats your boat?

Since I’ve temporarily moved my sewing space back in the guest bedroom, rather than being in the living room, I’m one room removed from a television set. Sometimes I miss the tv as I love sewing while watching/listening to Perry Mason reruns! The majority of the time, however, I’m so grateful not having to listen to… well, I better not list the unending reruns, game shows, or the screaming woman that I don’t particularly want to hear!

While enjoying the silence, I find myself “thinking” a lot. I’ve wondered what I would do if I didn’t or couldn’t sew anymore. How would I fill my days? I don’t know why, but lately I find myself trying to envision a life without sewing.

Right now, this moment, I sew because I love working with fabrics, especially when I’m creating doll clothes. I’m extremely grateful that I can do what I love. I will never take the ability and opportunity for granted – no matter where my mind goes while I’m sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, it makes my day!

Total Pageviews